Due August 25th 2012..Virgo!!!

Due August 25th 2012..Virgo!!!

Saturday, 21 April 2012

Headstand at 22 weeks!! Good for the nugget I promise :)

Well I have managed to keep up my yoga practice and teaching but have had to slow down a bit. No more intense twists or major core work but inversions are beneficial, like headstand which I am doing in the photo.

Salamba Sirsasana (yogi for headstand) is a inversion as it brings the heart above the head. This pose is also called the king of asanas or yoga poses. It has lot of therapeutic benefits it helps keep you looking young and wrinkle-free. In this pose the whole weight of the body rests on the head so lumber (lower) vertebrae automatically get placed in their normal position which is great for annoying prego backache. This pose strengthens the digestive track, liver, kidney, stomach, intestines and improves digestion the works!!! The rush of blood to the head sharpens memory, increases concentration, removes headache, migraine, mental tension and anxiety. It has beneficial effect on the endocrine system which reduces unnecessary overweight that comes with carrying a bubba (as my Australian friend Sascha calls babies :). The face receives plenty of arterial blood which nourishes the skin and facial tissues, prevents and erases wrinkles and hair becomes healthy. So it's good for moms and babies!!

I mean what about this pose is not to love!!!!! If you are like, "there is no way you are getting me to stand on my head" then try going to a wall and just lift your legs and feet up and rest for about 10 minutes I promise you receive alot of the same yummy goodness. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment